Along with all the fantastic services offered at Challenge Cotswolds we offer sports and deep tissue massage for you be able to recover from training, injury and stress.
Who Sports Massage For
Sports massage therapies are equally successful for treating anyone suffering with chronic pain, muscle injury or with restricted movement.
It’s not a full-body or relaxation massage, but is instead a series of pressure techniques, stretches and mobilisations, which allows the therapist to concentrate on your specific problem areas (sore back, neck or shoulders for example) to give you focussed relief, as well as treating any associated postural dysfunction which is contributing to the problem.
Sports massage doesn’t have to be just for those in the world of sport, many people find that their work or activities of daily living create muscular tension and stress-patterns which lead to pain. Whether a person works in a boardroom or on a building site, anyone can develop chronic and often long-term pain disorders. Sports massage can help this and much more, below is just some of the things that can be treated in massage.
Whats Sports Massage For
- relax your muscles
- fight fatigue
- relieve any swelling you have around your joints
- boost circulation and the immune system so the body heals more quickly
- improve your flexibility and body strength
- reduce your heart rate and blood pressure
- increase your circulation and lymph flow
- make it easier for you to recover more quickly
- make it less likely you’ll get injuries by getting rid of the tension
What Happens During Sports Massage
Sports massage will use a variety of techniques to achieve the desired goal. There are four types of sports massages:
- Pre-event sports massage: a short, stimulating massage a close to the start of the event as possible. It is directed toward the parts of the body that will be involved in the exertion.
- Post-event sports massage: given within an hour or two of the event, to normalize the body’s tissues.
- Restorative sports massage: given during training to allow the athlete to train harder and with less injury.
- Rehabilitative sports massage: aimed at alleviating pain due to injury and returning the body to health.
Sports massage services at Challenge Cotswolds are either 45 or 60mins and costs either £40 or £50 depending which duration you go for. The session would always include a consultation to make sure we take the best approach to helping you and will end with a plan to help maximise the benefits of the session.
For more information and to book contact us here.